The Jones-Hamilton technical team is thrilled to announce that five abstracts, four oral presentations and one poster, featuring litter management and JH products, PLT®, PWT® and AFG®, will be presented at the 2023 Poultry Science Association (PSA) Annual meeting, held July 10-13, 2023 in Philadelphia, PA.
“The ongoing research and development efforts at Jones-Hamilton continue to strengthen our product offerings to meet the needs of multiple industries,” comment Juan Suarez, PhD, Division Manager, Animal Nutritional Health, Jones-Hamilton Co. “Our company is now in a unique position to provide innovative solutions to the poultry industry in the field of nutritional health, while also maintaining our leadership in litter management
“The abundance of abstracts featuring Jones-Hamilton products, as well as those submitted by our staff and partners, demonstrates our commitment to investing in ongoing research aimed at promoting poultry health and optimizing performance.”
The presentations to be made during the event include:
- Comparison of three litter amendment products at different application rates during either whole house or half house brood densities by Melinda Grimes, Graduate student, Texas A&M University (Abstract 111, Management and Production I, Tuesday, July 11, 11:30 am)
- Effectiveness of sodium bisulfate in litter, feed and/or drinking water to reduce Salmonella infantis in broiler chickens by Dr. Charles Hofacre, Southern Poultry Research Group, Inc. (Abstract 243, Microbiology and Food Safety I, Wednesday, July 12, 4:30 pm)
- Effects of pH-targeted PLT application on poultry performance and ammonia emissions by Paul Farro, Graduate student, University of Delaware (Abstract 109, Management and Production I, Tuesday, July 11, 11:00 am)
- Comparison of litter moisture and bacterial loads in commercial broiler houses utilizing litter windrowing and decaking between flocks by Dr. Craig Coufal, Jones-Hamilton Co. (Abstract 320, Management and Production, Thursday, July 13, 3:30 pm)
- An evaluation of the effects of Animal Feed Grade sodium bisulfate (AFG®) by replacement of sodium sesquicarbonate (S-carb®) on broilers with or without a coccidiosis vaccine challenge, Poster 505P, by Dr. Juan Suarez, Jones-Hamilton Co.
Standard registration is open for the PSA annual meeting through June 30, 2023 at PoultryScience.org and onsite registration is available through the meeting which is being held at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown.